Our sweet tiny piece of magic is here!
He's here and he's so perfect it makes me want to cry every time I think of him.

I'm so thankful for a God that works miracles STILL.
For a God of comfort and peace.

Last Wednesday morning we headed to the hospital for an induction with butterflies in my tummy ( along with a kicking baby)
Both of us were so nervous and excited to meet our boy.


My past two labors were quick, I was induced at 40 Weeks + 3 days with Eli and then went into labor at 38 weeks + 4 days with Noah.
I wasn't sure how long it would take my body to respond to being induced at 37.5 weeks with this one.

After some walking around the hospital, med ball bouncing (I had no idea what I was doing with this!)  and hours later we had our sweet boy!

The NICU team was in the room ready and waiting for him.

Once he was here my Dr. timed one minute and kept him attached to the umbilical cord for some extra cord blood time to circulate. From there the NICU team took him over and thoroughly checked him out.

Those were some of the scariest 5 minutes of my life. I just prayed and prayed that he was okay and could breathe on his own. I remember yelling out asking how much he weighed.

Our last sonogram predicted that he was 4.12 pounds. He was 4.13 when he was born a week later. After a few minutes he was in my arms.

Skin to skin with my little miracle and the NICU team was gone. We were amazed that he was able to stay with us.
He was healthy and beautiful!
4.13 pounds 17.5 inches long.


The nurses and staff were incredible. We're always so blessed to have great people taking care of us. This time a family member was my labor nurse! She was amazing. My Dr. wasn't able to stay for Jacobs delivery. Autumn's shift had ended at 7PM but she stayed until I had him at 7:45 PM and was such a help to me as I delivered.

Again, I was reminded that he is the God of comfort. When I was nervous about a different Dr. delivering Jacob he gave me more of himself.

Over the next several hours he had blood sugar checks (which he passed every time)
His first feeding was done with the nurses finger.
He was so little that he only ate about 2 mm of breast milk.
He started eating a little bit more throughout our stay.


The boys came up to meet him and I'm not sure if I've ever seen Eli more excited!
He's got the sweetest little heart and was so worried about both Jacob and I throughout this whole process. He's one proud big brother.

My Noah man was more interested in eating all the chocolate in the room and running up and down the halls of Baylor. :)


Friday morning was his heart echo.
Our cardiologist told us that he does still have a large hole (VSD) but that his diagnosis is actually "Pink Tetrology of Fallot"

His over riding aorta actually benefits his VSD and reduces the backflow of blood into his lungs.
We shouldn't expect to see many signs of his condition like shortness of breath, turning blue, puffy eyes and feet, etc. because of this.

We're preparing for surgery when he's around 6 months BUT praying for another miracle in the meantime! 


Friday morning we were discharged to go home with our newest piece of heaven.
I had prepared my heart as best I could for whatever was to come.
I had only hoped that it'd turn out this way!

To say that God is good doesn't seem to be enough.
He's never let me down, never given me a reason to doubt his goodness and faithfulness to our family.
My heart is so grateful for our family and friends that have come together to pray with us over Jacob. Like truly overwhelmed.

Thank you for loving us so much. I really believe that God worked his miracles on Jacob his last few weeks in utero. The Dr's were very concerned that they were dealing with a much bigger heart issue than we had originally thought. We didn't know what to expect when he came.

But, once again, God came through.
We love you all.